7075Re: SO FRICKIN FRUSTRATED!!

  • Eric Sandberg
    Oct 20, 2004

      > > GRRRR...had to vent. How do I fix this?

      That's happened to me a few times. Some things to check:

      Are you using the right sized needle (an 11 if it's quite thin like
      a 1.1 oz)

      Heavy thread won't work on thin fabric with small needles, thin
      thread won't work on light fabric with big needles. Trying this
      might have messed up something internal. When using thin fabric you
      need small needles and regular thread.

      Re-play with the tensions. I'm amazed at how just a litle change can
      make a big difference.

      Another thing is that your timing might be off. Bring it to a good
      sewing machine shop and get it looked at. Pretty expensive (about
      $100 here in SE CT) but boy when that baby comes back it works
      great! Also bring some of the thread with you when you go so the
      mechanic can see the problems in action.

      'hope this helps.

      Good luck
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic