7065Re: [Hammock Camping] Who took the trees?
- Oct 20, 2004variations on the theme:
- use two poles for a more stable A-frame setup. should only need one
tie-down. needs 2 poles though.
- use the single pole with two tiedowns. can be used for both ends.
- in the absence of a tree to tie to(why would you want to use a tree
to anchor your tiedowns if you can just tie directly to the tree
itself without poles?), tie to the base of a long pole(2 to 4 feet
above the ground) and a secondary tiedown on the long stake to keep it
in place, ala circus tents.
Rick <ra1@i...> wrote:
> >I'm going to be doing some desert car camping pretty soon and I of
> >course want to use my hammock.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>