7045Re: [Hammock Camping] Deer season?

  • Craig Stephanski
    Oct 18, 2004
      Why not set up a rack of antlers at one end of the hammock and a fuzzy little tail at the other end.......just kidding!!

      Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

      I think you want to wear blaze orange at all times, especially on
      those off trail, twi-light nature calls in the brush.  An orange hat
      always seemed appropriate to me... of course it helps that one of my
      school colors is close to blaze orange.  If you are worried about
      your hammock campsite, maybe you could tie a piece of blaze orange
      fabric (hat, pack cover, bandana?) to each end of your hammock
      straps/ropes.

      Youngblood

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Banjo Doje <bpskids@g...>
      wrote:
      > Get yourself down to Wally World and buy a good sized piece of blaze
      > orange material and stick it on your rainfly or attach it in some
      > manner to your hammock.  You will need blaze orange for sure!
      >
      > Jodi
      >

      > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:05:25 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Kichline
      > <chuck_kichline@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Deer season is getting close, and I was wondering if anybody has
      > > hints on making a hammock look less like a deer to a hunter
      heading
      > > toward his blind at 5am?
      > >
      > > Maybe two big, red bicycle reflectors down at the foot of the
      > > hammock, and a couple of branches spread out for camouflage??
      > > ;-]
      > >
      > > Ups, I mean really.
      > >
      > > =====
      > > Chuck Kichline
      > > Austin, TX

      > --
      > Banjo Players Never Die, They Just Take A Break!
      > Abnormality is the normality at this locality

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic