6950Re: Can you make an asym hammock

  • Ray Garlington
    Oct 5, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "seuss910" <wrv77@y...> wrote:
      > Asymmetry was achieved with the cut of the hammock, not so much
      > with the fold. I started with a kind of squared off trapezoid,
      > a soft webbing along the end hems for bulk, pleated the ends, and
      > then tied the hanging straps around the bunched ends.

      This is similar to what I did, but I used a shape more like a
      parallelogram, like so: http://tinyurl.com/62zmc

      I kept the bias of the cloth aligned with the support points (i.e.
      centerline of the hammock), since you don't want any stretch in that
      dimension. I got a moderate asym feel with a 3" cut on each side.
      I'd be tempted to go to about 6" for the next try.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic