6948Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Can you make an asym hammock

  • Amy Skowronek
    Oct 5, 2004
      On Oct 5, 2004, at 10:49 AM, Dave Womble wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <shane@t...>
      > wrote:
      > ...> Agreed, but some of the above forces me to ask a rude question.
      > Have you
      >> ever actually TRIED an asym hammock? Hennessey or no?
      >>
      >> Shane
      >
      > Yes, I used one extensively on backpacking trips for about a year.
      > It was the Hennessy UtraLight Backpacker Asym, which was the first
      > asym model that came out and the only asym model available at the
      > time I purchased it.

      I've used this model as well. I've slept in it for about a month total.

      I used the older non-asym ultralight backpacker on the trail for about
      a month, too.
      The big difference to me was that when I rolled over in the asym I
      didn't
      need to switch diagonals. I almost always sleep with a pad in the
      hammock
      so switching diagonals is a pain. It didn't feel roomier to me. (But
      I'm 5'4",
      so I had plenty of room to start with.)

      -amy
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic