6902Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: triptease

  • Ralph Oborn
    Oct 1, 2004
      Local or inertial frame of reference (in physics terms). I locate the
      guy wires as they are in the greater environment, you might locate
      them in relation to the hammock. I always visualize things as
      orthogonally oriented even though I know it isn't exactly North South
      etc. (Architects call things "plan north". So in the middle of the
      night I know where the hammock is but I can't remember how it or the
      guy lines are placed until I trip over them (literally). It is part of
      a minor learning disability.

      I always!! give directions North South, I don't know left from right
      in any consistent manner unless I am facing north. I almost flunked my
      driving test here and in England because of that. Winding English
      streets drove me nuts for two years. I really like the way Brigham
      Young planned out the Salt Lake Valley, Cartesian coordinate system,
      and the mountains are always to the east for a reference. Jerry and
      Kate would have to try real hard to get lost in Salt Lake.
      Ralph

      On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:17:12 -0500, Shane <shane@...> wrote:
      > > Shane when you give or get directions do you do Right- Left or do you
      > > do North-South etc. ? Serious question, really. And it might apply
      >
      > Both. It depends on the context... I will tend to use north/south when I
      > can. What does it mean?
      >

      > Shane

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic