6901Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: triptease

  • Shane
    Oct 1, 2004
      > Why don't you like triptease?

      I actually don't like it for several reasons, which I have noted from past
      experience. One, it's too strong. With a breaking strength of 188 lb (85
      kg) it's stronger than any tarp's tear strength. Plain white nylon string
      would work just fine, and has worked for me many times. Two, it's too
      heavy. Again, inch for inch, white nylon string is lighter and every bit as
      functional. Three, it's hard to see at night. Sure, it reflects your
      flashlight or headlamp, but if you're like me and don't use a light while
      you're stalking around in the dark, a plain white cord is a lot easier to
      see. Four, it's too expensive.

      Shane
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic