6898Re: triptease

    Oct 1, 2004
      That has been my experience with Kelty's triptease cord also. It
      lights up like a lazer beam if you illuminate it from a distance but
      it doesn't really show up any better than a light colored guy line
      from up close. I think it doesn't help the trip-over problem as much
      as it helps you find your way back in the dark. It is excellent guy
      line in that it is strong, light weight and doesn't stretch much, if
      at all.

      However, it is rather expensive. Recently I have been using the less
      expensive 1/16" pulse line that Ed Speers recommends in his book. Ed
      sells it and so does my local West Marine. It is less expensive than
      the triptease cord, is neon orange or pink and is pretty much
      equivalent for guyline purposes the the triptease, except it doesn't
      light up when you illuminate it from a distance. I think the
      triptease goes for around $15 for a 50 ft package and the 1/16" pulse
      line goes for around $22 for a 120 ft spool.

      Youngblood

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic