6896Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Feet Higher Than Head?

    Oct 1, 2004
      Dave Womble wrote:

      >Jackie, that is very useful. Thanks for sharing it with us. It is
      >cetainly something that I am glad to be aware of so that I can
      >quickly recognise the condition and try to remedy it quickly if it
      >ever happens. Sounds a little like one thing leads to another, leads
      >to another, but elevated feet can be a major contributer to the
      >domino effect and it is necessary to immediately remove the pressure
      >on your cranium by quit elevating the feet if something doesn't feel
      >right in your head. I have experienced domino effect problems that
      >get out of hand when I have scuba dived in the past and the immediate
      >remedy is of course, to get to the surface to relief the symtoms
      >associated with the increased pressure.
      >
      >Youngblood
      >
      >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jackie lynn evans"

      Dave,

      What Jackie did not mention is that vascular headaches don't happen to
      everyone. If a hiker has a history of vascular headaches, then watching
      out for putting the feet too high is a great idea. If the camper has
      not had them (migranes, etc.) then it is unlikely that sleeping with the
      feet slightly elevated will give a hammock camper their first vascular
      headache.

      Risk, MD
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic