6883Re: [Hammock Camping] trees enough in the Sierras?

  • architennis
    Sep 30, 2004
      Thanks for the info.
      I'd like to hear from other Sierra backpackers about how it's worked for them.

      I can see where being alone gives you more flexibility to find the right two trees. I
      sometimes go alone, more of the time go with one or two other people. I might take to
      hammock backpacking, but I expect the others I'm with won't be. Gets a little tricky if we
      can't all camp in the same site.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, SF Nazdarovye <nazdarovye@y...> wrote:
      > Actually, I've had some trouble finding suitable spots in the Sierra
      > Nevada and Henry Coe State Park when hiking with a group where the
      > other folks are using tarps and tents. On my own, with a little more
      > flexibility in where I camp, I generally can hike until I find suitable
      > trees. Back east it's been a lot easier.
      >

      > On Sep 30, 2004, at 4:53 PM, architennis wrote:
      >
      > > Have you who hammock camp in the Sierras found enough trees, at the
      > > right distance and
      > > size, most trips? Or do you have to be very careful about where to
      > > stop for the night?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic