      From: jwj32542 [mailto:jwj32542@...]
      Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:05 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessy cold weather system

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" > Jerry
      Goller] So far, I've only been able to find 24" in either 1/2" or 1"
      > thick open cell. For me, somewhere between 32" and 36" would be
      perfect. Tom
      > will be selling a set up like this made for the hammock. A key
      part of
      > getting it to fit right is the elastic cords at the head and foot
      of the pad
      > that force it to assume a boat shape, therefore hugging your body.

      Hrm...I was thinking I saw 40" somewhere.

      > [Jerry Goller]  That's like asking if a synthetic bag is warmer
      than a down
      > bag....   ;o) It depends on how thick the foam versus how much
      loft on the
      > down.

      True...I guess I should have said for a comparable weight/bulk.  For
      example, the underquilt at JacksRBetter is 20oz, and this setup is
      13+oz.  I see now that Tom's ratings are ~50*...didn't know that
      when I wrote the last message.  How cold have people gotten in an
      underquilt similar to Jack's?

      Jeff

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic