6834RE: [Hammock Camping] Hennessy cold weather system

  • Jerry Goller
    Sep 25, 2004

      From: jwj32542 [mailto:jwj32542@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 5:40 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessy cold weather system

      Doesn't the open-cell come in 40" width?  I guess I could fold it in
      half and lay on that if I had to.
      Jerry Goller] So far, I've only been able to find 24" in either 1/2" or 1" thick open cell. For me, somewhere between 32" and 36" would be perfect. Tom will be selling a set up like this made for the hammock. A key part of getting it to fit right is the elastic cords at the head and foot of the pad that force it to assume a boat shape, therefore hugging your body.

      Any word on whether the underliner/pad is warmer than the down
      [Jerry Goller]  That's like asking if a synthetic bag is warmer than a down bag....   ;o) It depends on how thick the foam versus how much loft on the down.

      • Show all 22 messages in this topic