6765RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Winter Kit (was Digest...)

  • Jerry Goller
    Sep 12, 2004
      I've also used 2" polypro webbing very successfully. It is very light and hydrophobic. I use an aluminum SMC descending ring http://tinyurl.com/6ov6h on each end to stop cutting and it makes it easier to do the figure 8 lashing. I have them in 6', 8', and 10'. I use a black one for the foot end and a green one for the head end. With skins on, it makes it easier to tell end from end.

      From: Dick Matthews [mailto:dick@...]
      Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:36 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Winter Kit (was Digest...)

      Longer Tree Huggers often are needed here in the Rockies.  A 7mm kernmantle rope about 3' long tied to the tree hugger loops with a sheet bend make very good extenders.  It seems the tree huggers still protect the tree as long as they go about 2/3 around the tree.

      Dick Matthews

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic