6758Re: [Hammock Camping] First post...... and first night in a hammock

    Sep 11, 2004
      Craig wrote:

      >Hi all....this is my first post to this group I recently joined.
      >
      >I also just spent my first night in my new Hennessy Safari and it was
      >the best!! Although its not that cold yet I had good luck with a
      >cheapy Wal-mart open-cell pad and an opened up generic sleeping bag
      >on top of that. I used a wool blanket to cover up with and I think
      >that it would take me down to at least 40*F I was very comfortable,
      >and had plenty of room to move around and adjust things if I had to.

      Craig,

      Welcome! I am glad the first time was great. Your set-up sounds just
      fine and you obviously learned a little before you made your first
      overnight. BTW, the Walmart pad is probably a closed cell pad. The cut
      edge looks like it is open cell, but unless it soaks up water, it is
      closed cell.

      Can't wait to hear about your next experiments and hikes.

      Risk
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic