      From: BRIAN [mailto:opnheartscrub@...]
      Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 12:28 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: BUG PROTECTION

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
      <jerrygoller@b...> wrote:
      > Good point. I tend to forget that as I spend most of my time in the
      > mountains and heat at night isn't all that much of a
      problem... ;o) Have you
      > tried soaking your hammock in Permethrin? Although I've not tried
      it for my
      > hammock, I've used it for a couple of years on my clothes with
      very good
      > results. You can get it much cheaper at Home Depot. Look for yard
      > insecticides. Cutter and Ortho both make it. One of the product
      names is
      > Yard Guard.
      > Jerry

      I tried permethrin on the hammock fabric but found that I still get
      bit.  Maybe the little buggers get in a couple of stabs before they
      die. I have sprayed my nets to stop so many of them from buzzing
      me.  I'm going to check out the Yard Guard.  Do you know the
      strength? It would be great to find a less expensive source in ready
      to spray form.

      Brian

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic