6682RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: BUG PROTECTION

  • Jerry Goller
    Aug 30, 2004
      Good point. I tend to forget that as I spend most of my time in the mountains and heat at night isn't all that much of a problem... ;o) Have you tried soaking your hammock in Permethrin? Although I've not tried it for my hammock, I've used it for a couple of years on my clothes with very good results. You can get it much cheaper at Home Depot. Look for yard insecticides. Cutter and Ortho both make it. One of the product names is Yard Guard.

      From: BRIAN [mailto:opnheartscrub@...]
      Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 5:17 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: BUG PROTECTION

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
      <jerrygoller@b...> wrote:
      > Hennessy is also now offering their SuperShelter now. It has a
      > bottom piece that is slightly larger and the same shape as the
      hammock. It
      > not only cuts the wind, it stops mosquitoes too.
      > Jerry

      Thanks but the windstopping ability is what I'm trying to get away
      from. With the bottom netting, the slightest breeze is very cooling.
      On the other hand, this is certainly something I will look at during
      the cooler months when the mosquitos are still out and about.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic