6468Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: 3/32" Hammock Hanging Rope?

  • Thomas Peltier@Goldenautomotive.com
    Aug 5, 2004
      Hey Risk, as far as stretch, the amount of stretch per unit of load
      should be higher for the first unit of load than for subsequent
      units. Sorry, which means that if you get 1% stretch with the first
      95 lbs, that the next 95 pounds should be less than 1% stretch. So
      for 450 lbs, you are looking at maybe 4% stretch or less.

      Good luck with the experiment, and thanks for posting your ideas.
      Hopefully the knots you use won't reduce the ultimate tensile
      strength too much. Maybe put a big mattress under you when you do
      the testing ;-)

      Bill in Houston

      Now I know that my climbing rope stretches much farther relatively on a
      long fall than a short one.

      Oh and I use a bouldering crash pad when I'm experimenting. Fortunately
      I have yet to need it.

      P.s. Now were is that piece of wood... Ah yes,, knock knock
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic