6462[Hammock Camping] Re: 3/32" Hammock Hanging Rope?

  • Ray Garlington
    Aug 5, 2004
      > BTW, the damage I am concerned about is pressure damage to the
      live
      > cambrium layer under the bark.

      Apx what pressure (in psi) will cause damage? We could calculate
      (or measure) the localized pressure being generated at the outside
      bark surface and stay above that figure. The exterior bark would
      also act as padding serving primarily as a safety factor.

      My experience with trees has been that they can survive quite well
      even if cut through to the wood so long as decay does not start at
      the injury site. You have to ring a tree most of the way around
      (cut through the bark) to kill it.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic