6443Re: [Hammock Camping] Speer Hammock Design

  • dlfrost_1
    Aug 4, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, navjohn@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 8/2/04 12:45:17 PM, mattyg225@y... writes:
      > > Would it be possible to alternate the Velcro type on the hammock
      > > the pea pod so that the pod seals to both sides of the hammock
      > > it is not fully sealed up?
      > >
      > Matt, how would it work to take two 8-foot strips of adhesive-
      backed Velcro
      > (both hook), and stick them together -- making in effect a "double-
      > Velcro strip, with hooks on both sides. If you then placed this
      against to loop
      > side of the hammock, it would convert it to hooks, giving you the
      > you're seeking without permanently altering the hammock -- just
      take the
      > "adapter" off when you want to use the bug net.
      > Haven't actually tried this -- just a thought.
      > John Wilson

      What I was going to suggest is using 3M's Bundling Wrap as a sort of
      Velcro gender-changer. It's a back-to-back hook-and-loop strip that
      comes on a 9 foot roll off of which you cut what you need. Get it at
      WalMart for a couple of bucks. It's great for tent poles, stakes,
      rope & straps, etcetera. Only thing is that it might not grip
      strongly enough, so it needs to be tested.

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic