6260Re: ZHammock Page

    Jul 6, 2004
      Rick,

      I was a little curious about the advantage of using whipped ends. I
      think you mentioned before that you were not hemming the short ends
      of the hammock when you used Ed's overhand knot but that you do hem
      the short ends of the hammock when you use the whipped ends. You
      still use less fabric with the whipped ends, but you have added cord
      to the whipped ends. Seems to me the overhand knot is easier to make
      and is known to be trouble free. Any idea of how much weight you are
      saving using the whipped ends versus the overhand knot?

      Dave

      > Good Morning Gang,
      >
      > I wrote up a little page on the Z hammock from my previous post.
      It has
      > a picture of the way I do the whipped end of the hammock, the
      attachment
      > of the removable bug net, and the way the hammock tube seals the
      end of
      > the bug net.
      >
      > Here it is for your reading and building pleasure:
      >
      > http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm
      >
      > Risk
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic