6259Re: [Hammock Camping] New member

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Jul 6, 2004
      Quoting Frances Jason <categrrl@...>:

      > Hi,
      > I just joined from GA... I have been backpacking tent camping and
      > I'm going to buy a hammock soon. Looking forward to learning more
      > about all of this.
      >
      > I've got two wee ones (1 and 3) and we all love hiking and camping.
      > With all the rain we have been having, it seems like a hammock would
      > be a good alternative carrying around a muddy tent.
      >
      > Happy Camping,
      >
      > Flame

      Welcome Flame. I hope this commuity of hammock campers can help you learn and
      have fun.

      However, from the get-go - be careful of little ones in hammocks. Though I do
      not have much experience, two risks are obvious:
      - falling - lesser of the two risks
      - getting squished between hammock and adult - greater of two risks

      Either could hurt/kill a little one.