6257Re: [Hammock Camping] Mosquito Hammock in Myakka

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Jul 6, 2004
      Quoting Jon Moneymaker <moneymakerjk1@...>:
      there
      > seems to be a real lack of any patterns out there for making a hammock.
      >
      > While I realize they are not rocket science and since I don't have one to
      > copy.....
      > do any of you out there in hammock camping land have any suggestions?
      >
      > have any of you made your own?
      > if so, how long did it take you? What would you do/have done differently?
      > if so, what plans/pattern did you use?

      Hi Jon,

      Welcome to hammock camping! I just read Chet's response. (blush)

      Ed's book IS fantastic. He describes exactly how to make a hammock. Ed also
      has a kit available to make a complete hammock camping system with well written
      sewing instructions.
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

      Other choices from my pages:

      - a cheap and easy hammock to see if you like it:
      http://www.imrisk.com/testhammock/testhammock.htm

      - my most recent hammock - very easy double bottom one:
      http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

      If you have any questions, there are many here who have made their own hammocks
      and I am sure they would be glad to answer questions. I will also answer
      questions posted here to the best of my ability.

      Risk
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic