6237Re: [Hammock Camping] I've done it now.

  • ciyd01
    Jul 1, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Paul <nessmuk91@y...> wrote:
      > Now that I'm hammocked instead of
      > hummocked, all I need look for is 2 trees, what is
      > beneath is of little concern. A pretty easy task here
      > in the northeast.

      Take it from me, you do need to look at what is beneath. Nothing
      like an azalea branch sticking you in the butt or the back to remind
      you of that. ;-) My first few site selections left something to be
      desired.

      Seriously, Paul is right, the only thing you have to watch out for is
      small shrubs directly under the hammock. I've pitched my HH on very
      steep hillsides where there were no flat spots or the one or two
      flatt-ish spots were left for those poor suckers who insist on
      sleeping on the ground - and spent the night sliding downhill in
      their tents.

      You are going to love your HH. For warm weather, you don't need as
      much under insulation and you can use your sleeping bag as a quilt.
      Try it out in the backyard get your sleeping system set.

      Have fun!
      ciyd
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic