5952Re: Do you seam seal hems ? (Was : More tarps and under/over quilts made...)

  • dlfrost_1
    May 29 7:18 AM
      > Doug,
      >
      > That sounds fasinating. Are you reasonably sure that a stiffer
      > edging material works that way with silnylon tarps, or are you
      > speculating?
      >
      > Dave

      Reasonably sure. But I wouldn't go overboard with it. The less the
      edging is able to stretch the less it will go along smoothly with the
      syl-nylon. You could get into compatibility misbehaviors like
      rucking along the edging and uneven pull in the stitching. But it's
      something to consider anyway. (It's not even worth bothering about
      in the heavier nylon fabric traditionally used for tarp-making.)

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic