5660RE: [Hammock Camping] storms

  • Chuck Haak
    May 11, 2004
      After tenting one night next to a chainsaw snorer, I added foam earplugs
      to my equipment list. They weight approximately nothing and can sure
      help you get a good night's sleep. I hammocked next to an old fashioned
      hydro power plant one night and hardly heard a thing.

      Pbmoo4

      Besides being electrocuted or fragged, the other danger is having
      your hearing damaged by sound concussion. (People have even had
      their ear drums blown out.) By the time you realize you're in the
      strike zone there's not much you can do. But you can clip off two
      small bits of packtowel to plug your ears. Or some tissue will do.

      Bear take-out bag, wilderness body bag... hammocks are so versatile!
      ;-)

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic