5600Yahoo web beacons

  • firefly
    May 3, 2004

      My friend Kim sent this to me. She is on a couple of Yahoo groups, including this one. Easy to do. I don’t like being spied upon.

      Marsanne

      I got this from another group:

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo Group
      users around the net and see what you're doing and where you are going -
      similar to cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy
      statement:

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
      Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you
      "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the "Success"
      message the top the next page.

      Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that,
      if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out.

      Feel free to forward this to other groups.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic