5312Re: First time (be gentle) Trip report

  • Ralph Oborn
    Apr 4, 2004
      No, I'm trying to slide / scoot up towards the head end of the
      hammock while laying horizontal. Trying to maneuver the pad in the
      hammock. Then my bag on the pad. Then me in my bag. Took a lot of
      work and energy. Side to side shifting was as challenging. But
      everyone on this list says it is worth it. I'll keep practicing.

      I'm hesitant to make any permanant altereations to the HH just yet.
      I'll start thinking about what to connect the Paul straps to.

      Ralph

      > to help set up (raise up) I'm guessing. I have sucessfully grabed
      > the ridge line to assist in setting up but really just poking my
      > feet out the exit slit seems to pendilum me up.. sort of.
      >
      > Coy Boy
      > PS Paul, on the list, sowed some straps on his pad which he ties
      off
      > to the head end of the hammock to keep it from sliding down. He
      > stays on the pad and the pad dont slip. I dont know if he has
      made
      > any similar contraption for his new D.A.M air mattress. Paul?
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn"
      > <polecatpop@y...> wrote:
      > > No I jest need to stay a couple of extension cord lengths of
      > home. :]
      > > Any ideas on installing an internal pull rope in an HH?
      > >
      > > Ralph
      > >
      > > --- I like the heat pad idea. a generator only weighs
      > > > how much? lol
      > > >
      > > > practice makes perfect!

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic