      From: matthulbert [mailto:ms@...]
      Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 8:06 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Snake Skins for a Speer?

      Thanks Chet and Risk.

      What diameter are you guys using for your 'Tubes? Rick, I read that
      you are tapering the small end to be really small so it can't slide
      too far. I'll definately do that. But what's the big end circumference?

      It's pretty fun making stuff. I have some clothes I'm going to make
      after I get the hammock all setup.

      I'm trying to decide if I want to make a down quilt. It will be so
      much work! In the long run it would probably be better if I worked a
      little overtime (instead of spending hours sewing) and buy a Nunatak
      back country blanket or Arc Alpinist that's all nice and professional.
      I do have a really nice design I've worked out for a versatile quilt,
      though. No one would make my design but me!

      > matthulbert wrote:
      >
      > >I have snake skins for my HH and they work great. I know some of you
      > >have made some for your Speer hammock. Are they worth it?
      > >

      > I like them.  It makes it easier to put the hammock up when it is
      > raining or the ground is wet.  It protects the end knots from rain
      > splatter. It makes it easier to put the thing in a stuff sack.
      >
      > Since it takes so little material, I'd suggest you try them and see if
      > you like them.
      >
      > BTW, I call the things HammockTubes to avoid infringing on Tom
      > Hennessey's TradeMark.
      >
      > Rick

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic