5240Re: |~| Suggested Trails in Canada |~|

  • Scott A. Ferguson
    Apr 1, 2004
      The link for Cape Chignecto is http://www.capechignecto.net/. It is about 46 km long, so is short
      for 4 or 5 days. Beautiful place. I have done a day hike on it and hope ot do the entire loop this
      year.

      > * The Dobson Trail (Moncton to Fundy Park)
      > * The Fundy Foot Path (Between Fundy and Saint John)
      > * Cape Chignecto Provincial Park (NS)

      Anyone have any info or links on the Dobson and Fundy Foot Path trails? I went lookign last summer
      and only found a little bit of info on them. Usually just blurbs saying they are nice trails.

      Don't forget about the IAT (International Appalacian Trail) that runs from the Maine/New Brunswick
      border up to the tip of the Gaspe peninusla in Quebec. http://www.internationalat.org/

      If you can get to Newfoundland, there are some trails in Gros Morne National Park that are
      supposed to be awesome. Western Brook Pond is beautiful and someday I will see it from the top of
      the rim and not from the tour boat. http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/nl/grosmorne/activ/activ2e_e.asp

      There is the Liberty Lake Trail at Kejimkujik National Park in western Nova Scotia that is in the
      50+ km range (if you have a ride between the parking lots). From what I have been told, the center
      section does not get a lot of traffic and can be pretty wet at times.
      http://www.friendsofkeji.ns.ca/liberty_lake_trail.htm

      I am going to be watching this thread to see if I can find any more trails that I can dream of
      hiking (don't have time to do much more than day hike lately).

      saF

      =====
      Scott A. Ferguson
      Halifax, Nova Scotia