5225Re: [Hammock Camping] going lt....

  • Dan
    Mar 31, 2004
      I bought a Byer Moskito Traveller hammock this past Fall--I liked the
      idea of the mosquito netting already attached. When I got the
      hammock, I immediately noticed the bottom was not even close to being
      as thick as the bottom of my Clark (no bites through the Clark since
      I got it a few years back). So I contacted the Byer folks noting the
      thickness of the hammock and asked if a pad would be a smart
      defense. Their reply was "yes." Since one of the reasons I got that
      particular hammock was for light duty use and weight reduction (read
      don't want no stinkin' pad) the idea of a repellant on the fabric
      itself sounds like a fantastic idea to me.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic