5192Re: Just FInished a double bottom Hammock + Silnylon tips

  • matthulbert
    Mar 30, 2004
      Thanks ciyd!

      The butane soldering iron was $20 at Radio Shack. A regular corded
      soldering iron is only $8!

      I cut my fabric on an 8' x 11" shelf from Home Depot. It's white
      painted/laminated. It's 3/4" fiberboard and was only $6. It was the
      cheapest piece I could find that was long. The paint melts a little
      bit when I hot-cut the fabric, but it works fine. It's nice having it
      be 8 feet long for things like hammocks. The 11" width might be a
      problem for clothes, but I'll worry about that when I get to it.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic