5027Hammock Bivy

  • Rebecca
    Mar 23, 2004
      Last Saturday night I had the chance to set up my Hennessy Expedition
      Asym as a bivy. I used the method that Shane describes here:

      http://tinyurl.com/a5qx

      I didn't use the tarp - it was a nice night and I wanted to watch the
      stars.

      I slept with my head at the entrance end, making it easy to slide my
      feet into my sleeping bag and on top of my pad. The hammock stayed
      steady and secure all night despite my tossing and turning.

      Picture of me figuring out how the heck to set it up, with a lot of
      commentary but no help by onlookers:

      http://community.webshots.com/photo/127521418/127536688jdHflJ

      Picture of me inside the hammock:

      http://community.webshots.com/photo/127521418/127539327kEPNRs

      The way I had it set up made it difficult to attach the tarp if I had
      wanted to. If I needed the tarp I would have moved the poles out
      further. As you can see in the second picture there is more than
      enough room - it's roomier than a bivy. It sagged a little during the
      night - there was heavy condensation that everyone had problems with.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic