490Re: Hand Warmers

  • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
    Feb 7, 2003
      Ed,
      I've used the same kind. They now come in both 10 & 12 hour versions
      (don't know if the 12s are new and the 10s are old stock). I haven't
      had the problems you did. They heat up hot & stay very warm through
      the night.

      I do the sock treatment if I'm really really cold or just the
      stomach if I'm just really cold. I tried the hat trick but my head
      got too hot & my feet didn't.

      Try some new ones. You can find them pretty cheap so it's worth an
      experiment or two.

      Jim

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer <info@s...>"
      <info@s...> wrote:
      > The hand warmers I tried last night failed--they lasted only 3 hrs
      > (not the 10 hrs advertised on the package)and never got really
      hot.
      > They were bought in 1999, so maybe they're too old or something.
      > They were HOTHANDS-2 by Heatmax; the iron fillings type. Each
      pouch
      > is 2" X 3.5" and weighs 0.6 oz. Has anyone else had a similar
      > experience or tried a different kind?...Ed
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic