      From: ptoddf@...
      Subject: Subject: Re: Shane- the MacCat-Catenary Cut?

      Bill,

      Isn't the MacCat a smaller, HH sized version of the heptawing? That was my
      understanding.

      I am looking to upgrade my HH UL Backpacker's stock fly to one that doesn't
      flap unmercifully in light wind and keep me awake. An absolutely great hammock,
      but with a mediocre fly.

      Getting in slackens the fly, and I don't enjoy super-taut bungee reinforced
      guy lines, so I've been using a second, independent overhead ridge line for the
      fly, which helps. But I'd like a design that is inherently more wind
      resistant. I'll stay with the second ridge line, that's a winner.

      I'd appreciate your comments based on your heptawing experience. (And anyone
      that's using Brian's fly to replace the HH stock fly.)

      Best, Todd in Tarzana.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic