4769RE: [Hammock Camping] no hammocks in Collier Seminole State Park

    Mar 1, 2004
      I've also run into similar unresponsive reactions from state park personnel,
      both related to hammocks and other issues--some day when my mind no longer
      works, I hope to get a job with at a state park. However, some parks do
      allow hammocks! We certainly do have our work cut out for us.

      Your suggestion about hammock stands at AT shelters is right on---I've only
      made a few verbal contacts so far, but hope to submit a written proposal in
      the future. It will help if everyone on this list who has the oppurtunity
      talks about the issue to ATC personnel--just to let them know the need
      exists. My January 2004 issue of the Hammock Camping Newsletter has an
      article covering the use of hammocks at the existing trail shelters--see all
      the newsletters FREE at: http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm
      Ed Moderator, Hammock Camping-L
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic