4761more on the McCat Tarp

  • simva4040
    Feb 29, 2004
      Woke up this afternoon and with sleep in my eyes headed to the
      backyard to string up the McCat....again loving the detail Brian has
      placed in his work..the tie-outs are wonderful and stay open for easy
      stringing, the ridgeline ties are reinforced in a smart way.....so
      after staking it out and while doing so noticing how the cat-cut
      tensions then entire design I stood back and looked at the ridgeline.
      I tensioned it very tightly and low and behold there is a slight
      catenation in its overall length....so intentional or not (only Brian
      can answer this), just my particular unit, or a side effect of the
      cat-cuts on the sides, the ridgeline does actually curve-even with
      all that tension on it.
      OK, Brian I promise not to blow any more smoke your way concerning
      your work just with it had been here early enough for the Everglades
      trip :( .
      MedicineMan
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic