4661Re: [Hammock Camping] Edisto Beach State Park, SC

  • ciyd01
    Feb 18, 2004
      >I'm also looking for other such sites....Ed

      If you ever get to the other corner of the continent, we have some
      really amazing beaches for camping on the Washington Coast. It's all
      National Park land. We don't have any palm trees, mostly Cedar and
      Hemlock, and the tide pools and sea stacks are incredibly beautiful.
      You may have to string your hammock up on driftwood and deadfall, but
      bring extensions to your tree huggers, our driftwood is about 4 - 6
      feet in diameter! You can see my setup from this fall at a spot
      called Third Beach, which is north of Forks Wa, in the Photos section.

      We do still need a NW Hammock Hangers get together. I've heard
      Pocatello ID in May, is that still a potential? Anybody for beach

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic