464Hammock Camping Re: Methods of securing hammocks to trees

  • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
    Feb 6, 2003
      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > Tim:
      >
      > I think the Crazy Creek system deserves consideration too.

      Got a pic??

      > The salient feature is that they use a metal buckle to
      > control the length of a 1-inch wide strap. If you could find
      > similar buckles, you could clip onto the webbing, then use
      > the webbing to adjust the tension.

      Do you mean like Shanes?

      > You wouldn't have the 2:1 mechanical advantage of the
      > trucker's hitch, though.

      I don't really need it. Just an idea I'm throwing out there. What
      it does is it gets me away from the intersection of the webbing and
      the rope and the tree. Although the recommended knot is simple, I do
      find it annoying if I have to undo it to readjust tension.

      > I'm must thinking you may experience as much difficulty with
      > the trucker's hitch as with the HH knot.

      You may be right. I think its time for a little experimentation.

      Tim
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic