463RE: Hammock Camping Re: Methods of securing hammocks to trees

  • David Chinell
    Feb 6, 2003
      Tim:

      I think the Crazy Creek system deserves consideration too.
      The salient feature is that they use a metal buckle to
      control the length of a 1-inch wide strap. If you could find
      similar buckles, you could clip onto the webbing, then use
      the webbing to adjust the tension.

      You wouldn't have the 2:1 mechanical advantage of the
      trucker's hitch, though.

      I'm must thinking you may experience as much difficulty with
      the trucker's hitch as with the HH knot.

      Bear
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic