4607Re: Hammock + Candle Lantern = ?

  • Risk
    Feb 9, 2004
      I've also been reading the posts about using a candle to help heat a
      hammock camper.

      With my limited experience, this seems like a very very very bad idea.
      There are lots of ways to stay warm without introducing an ignition
      source in a non-fire-retardant sleep system.

      You know not to smoke in the hammock. I just had to post this about
      candles BEFORE one of you catches your hammock on fire. Please don't
      try a candle in/under your hammock to stay warm. If you do, please
      don't post pictures afterward.