4575Re: [Hammock Camping] new thought on warmth ( maybe )

  • subypower
    Feb 6, 2004
      the way i was thinking was a double bottom hammock where the bottom
      layer hangs down about 18 inches and is staked out 2 or three times
      per side. hopefully the stakes would be enough to prevent the bag
      from deflating in the wind ( thinking 10 mph or less ). then just a
      small air vent on the bottom to allow some o2 in.

      white knight

      > Good idea Whiteknitght! Cavers have used candles for warmth beneath
      > hammocks surrounded by plastic tube tents for years. Works
      extremely well
      > in the no wind conditions of a cave, but could be a problem in the
      > I've been pondering this technique for some time and think it would
      > work OK under or inside the large nearly enlcosed tarps or hammock
      > like Dave or Chet have been experimenting with--candle placed on
      the ground
      > beneath or beside hammock. I even bought a candle the other day,
      but just
      > haven't found the time to try this yet....Ed
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic