4551Keeping warm 40 - 50F

  • Randy Saylor
    Feb 2, 2004
      With all the discussion about under hammock insulation I wondering about the current thinking of the old ensolite and car window reflector solution.

      For the cool 3 season temps that are above freezing, is a 3/8" ensolite covered with a wider car window reflector still a viable lightweight solution? A secondary use of the pads is to give shape and support to my frameless backpack. A pack with down under and overblankets and no pad would be a struggle to give nice shape to.

      When it gets really cold, I see the peapod design as being superior.
      Randy