4511Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHHTarp

  • Bill Fornshell
    Jan 28, 2004
      Hi Dave and others, The link is:
      http://www.backpacking.net/makegear.html
      On the right side of the page look for "Shelters -
      8.Catenary Tarp. I have some lighter coated ripstop
      that I am going to use so my tarp weight should be
      much lower than this one. I have my Heptawing Tarp to
      use for a pattern and to see how it is made and hope
      my sewing skills are up to it.

      For corner reinforcement detail you might want to look
      at the Catenary Spin Tarp by Backpackinglight.com.
      http://www.backpackinglight.com
      > Gear Shop > Shelter Systems > Tarps > "Catenary Spin
      Tarp" > view item Detail. Look at the pictures for
      the ridgeline, side tie-outs and corner
      reinforcements.
      Bill

      --- Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:
      > Bill,
      >
      > I would like that link.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill
      > Fornshell
      > <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi, Look in the Group Photo Albums for "A
      > Silk..." I
      > > use a Heptawing Tarp with my Speer Hammock. You
      > might
      > > like something like this. You can make one, they
      > are
      > > only just a little more work, but worth it. If you
      > > want to try I can send you a link to a "How To"
      > > article. You can also buy one from places like
      > REI.
      > > Bill

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Show all 43 messages in this topic