4318Re: Air bladder for warmth?

  • Ray Garlington
    Jan 7, 2004
      yes, it works but you'll want to have some lightweight foam or other
      material inside your bag to keep the warmest air near your body. The
      main improvement you will experience with a custom made airbag over
      commercial air matresses is the custom unit will be much lighter
      since the under-hammock bag doesn't have to support any weight.

      However, trashbags are good enough for a week-long trip.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sesa" <atypical_genuis@y...>
      wrote:
      > Instead of a down underquilt, would an air bladder work? I don't
      mean
      > an air mattress, I was thinking along the lines of an industrial air
      > bladder, custom made, if I could find a company to make an
      ultralight
      > one. Thoughts?
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic