4302[Hammock Camping] Re: Ed's Winter Hammock Hike

  • Coy
    Jan 5, 2004
      Three Forks sounds good but whichever works better fo parking. In
      fact any section will do. and loop hiking or in and back is ok. ie
      parking both vehicles at the same place, or the shuttle where we
      meet at the ending, leave one vehicle and drive to start in the
      other. I'll holler as sonn as I see an opening. Will see if Paul is
      available too.

      Coy Boy

      > Coy,
      >
      > Okay. Do you want to start at Three Forks or at Springer? US42
      > crosses the AT at Three Forks at mileage marker 4.1. GA60 crosses
      > the AT at Woody Gap at mileage marker 20 and US19 crosses the AT
      at
      > Neels Gap at mileage marker 30.7.
      >
      > Dave

      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
      > <dpwomble@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > So, is anyone up for another winter hike in the southeast?
      The
      > > > Pinhoti Trail is pretty sweet this time of year. The
      Foothills
      > > > Trail, the Bartram Trail, the Chattooga Trail and the AT south
      of
      > > > Fontana Dam?
      > > >
      > > > Dave
      > > > aka Youngblood
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >
      > > well as soon as basketball season is over i should have more
      free
      > > time. as it is I can only find time for short overnighters.
      The
      > > penhoti sounds great but I'd also like to rehike the hike I got
      > sick
      > > on. Sort of feel like I owe it another shot. I guess you dont
      > mind
      > > hiking the same trails several times. I know i dont, (mind that
      > > is) I find the more trips the more i enjoy the scenery becaus i
      > > anit anticipating whats next since i already know. I hike the
      same
      > > trails around my house all the time and still love it. will
      holler
      > > when I get a few free days.
      > >
      > > Coy Boy
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic