4300[Hammock Camping] Re: Ed's Winter Hammock Hike

    Jan 5, 2004
      Coy,

      Okay. Do you want to start at Three Forks or at Springer? US42
      crosses the AT at Three Forks at mileage marker 4.1. GA60 crosses
      the AT at Woody Gap at mileage marker 20 and US19 crosses the AT at
      Neels Gap at mileage marker 30.7.

      Dave

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
      <dpwomble@y...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > So, is anyone up for another winter hike in the southeast? The
      > > Pinhoti Trail is pretty sweet this time of year. The Foothills
      > > Trail, the Bartram Trail, the Chattooga Trail and the AT south of
      > > Fontana Dam?
      > >
      > > Dave
      > > aka Youngblood
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > well as soon as basketball season is over i should have more free
      > time. as it is I can only find time for short overnighters. The
      > penhoti sounds great but I'd also like to rehike the hike I got
      sick
      > on. Sort of feel like I owe it another shot. I guess you dont
      mind
      > hiking the same trails several times. I know i dont, (mind that
      > is) I find the more trips the more i enjoy the scenery becaus i
      > anit anticipating whats next since i already know. I hike the same
      > trails around my house all the time and still love it. will holler
      > when I get a few free days.
      >
      > Coy Boy
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic