4296[Hammock Camping] Re: January 2004 Issue of Hammock Camping News

    Jan 4, 2004
      Skylander, can you tell what type of rope your Clark Hammock uses? I
      see that it is a polypropylene rope; but is it three-twisted strands,
      a solid braid, a hollow braid, or something else? I was guessing
      hollow braid would be a little more 'tree friendly' since it flattens
      out somewhat when it is wrapped around a tree.

      Youngblood

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bror8588@A... wrote:
      > Regarding restriction of Hammock use to those who use a specific
      material for
      > attaching to trees cold be a problem. There are hammock
      manufacturers that
      > use rope as the tie to the trees. I have a Clark Jungle Hammock
      which has
      > rope. I have tied it to trees and there is no apparent mark left on
      the trees that
      > I have used. Perhaps Ed can address this issue in a future
      publication of
      > The Hammock Camping News and allow Clark Jungle Hammock people to
      comment or at
      > least invite their comments.
      >
      > Skylander
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic