4274Wallcreeper sleeping bag

  • Chet Clocksin
    Dec 31, 2003
      Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Wallcreeper by Exped?
      http://www.backcountry-equipment.com/slpng_bg/exped_wallcreeper_dn.html
      I'm specifically interested in the proportions of the bag, as I am 5' 11",
      and weigh 220. (Soon to be less...New Years Resolution! ). The link above
      shows a 5' 11 guy in the bag, even though Exped says the bag is recommended
      for people up to 5' 9". I'm wondering if I can get by with the medium size.
      Also, I'm wondering about the temp ratings. The Down version is rated at 32
      F, and the Primaloft version is rated at 40 F. I like the sounds of the Down
      bad for warmth, but because the bag can and will be used as a coat (long
      vest), I am leaning toward the Primaloft version due to the ability to
      maintain insulative properties if it gets wet. Seems like the ideal hammock
      bag, as well as a nice way to combine two items into one and get benefit
      from the weight savings. Thanks,

      Chet
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic