4217Re: REI

  • robbstanek
    Dec 21, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "canoetrip_2000"
      <firefly@e...> wrote:
      > I just looked at the REI website for the first time in a long time
      > and they are selling HH! What a surprise!
      > Marsanne

      I work part time at the REI store near Dunwoody in Georgia. We've
      been stocking HH's for well over a year, and there are many of us in
      the store who own one. We're lucky, we have 2 trees out front that
      are just about perfect for a demo.

      Perhaps the reluctance comes from (1) lack of knowledge, and (2) once
      set up outside, any tent or hammock can be perceived as used. With
      the way we change the store plan, it's hard to find an area to set it
      up indoors consistently.

      I feel like a disciple in the HH church, as anyone who comes in
      looking for a lightweight solo shelter gets my HH intro. Last I
      looked, we had on exped in stock, but 5 asym backpackers.

      What can I say, spread the word...

      Robb
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic