403Re: Hammock Camping Franken pad and bride of Frankenpad

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Feb 2, 2003
      If a reflectic pad is snake oil then why are "emergency blankets
      made of reflective material. Of course you wrap a space blanket
      around you and are not laying on it only. Would a reflective pad be
      more effective (no mater how unpracticle) if it went all the way
      around you. I think the reflective pad is somewhat usefull if you
      are not laying directly on it. From what Tom Hennessy and others
      have said there needs to be a little space between the heat source
      and the reflective surface. Hence my fleece covered reflectic pad.
      A 1/2 inch closed cell foam pad the same size as mine would be
      heavier but I'm not sure how much. I'm not saying a reflective pad
      is the answer either. I just believe given the same R value a
      reflective pad would be slightly warmer.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman"